Bookings Terms and Conditions
GROUP PRE-BOOKED TASTING EVENTS:
These are the specific details of your event and state parameters of the event as well as the date and time of your booking with The Whisky Clubs Group. These are what the booking and financials relate to when discussing the event.
When you book with The Whisky Clubs Group, we will issue you an invoice which will include a payment schedule based on an agreed cost per head. This will also state when monies are owed depending on the date of your booking.
This will be:
– 50% deposit of an agreed minimum number of guests is due on confirmation and is non-refundable. The booking is not confirmed until this has been paid and we advise you think realistically about a minimum to contract to.
– 50% due a week before the event. If you have any additional guests, the fee for these people will be expected at this time.
– If guests cancel, we can amend the final amount as long as it does not go below the contracted minimum number of guests.
– If you need to cancel your tasting event you will be liable for the 50% deposit. This is non-refundable.
– If the rest of the monies have been paid the week prior to your tasting event, these cannot be refunded.
– If the final 50% has not been paid, as long as the contracted minimum has been reached, then the booker will not be liable for this.
In the unlikely event of The Whisky Clubs Group having to cancel your booking, we will:
– Try to book another venue for the same day if your event can only happen at the specified time and date.
– If it is not time sensitive, offer you another date and time with the same arrangements.
– Offer you a full refund of all monies that have been paid at the time of cancellation.
– We reserve the right to remove a person, persons or cancel the event due to unreasonable or antisocial behaviour, damage to the venue, or our property, or if any of our staff suffer abuse. No refunds will be given.
PUBLIC TICKETED EVENTS:
No transfers or refunds. Ticket sales are final, if there is a reason you cannot attend please let us know a minimum of 72 hours ahead of the event and we may offer you a transfer to another event of a similar type and value.
If you are running late please do call or email us to let us know. If you are more than 20mins for an event we may not be able to allow you entrance.
Tastings and events are strictly for over 18s only, we operate an under 25s policy so if you are lucky enough to look under 25, we may ask you for your ID.
Please treat the bar and our guests with respect. Rude, rowdy or drunken behaviour will not be tolerated, we reserve the right to remove a person or persons from an event due to unreasonable or antisocial behaviour, damage to the venue, or our property, or if any of our staff suffer abuse. No refunds will be given.
We cannot cater to dietary needs for our pairing events, we advise you contact us before booking to check the food offering and whether it is suitable for you. If you have deemed a tasting suitable for you, please notify us of any allergens or dietary needs we may need to be aware of in advance of the event and, where possible, we will do our best to contact the producer/chef to see what can be done to accommodate you. Or, if we believe it to be too dangerous to serve you (we do not have an on-site kitchen and cannot control food prep) we will offer you either a refund or alternative event tickets.
In the unlikely event of The Whisky Clubs Group having to cancel the event, we will:
– If the event is being postponed , we will let you know when the new date is. If you are unable to make that event, we’ll offer you a voucher to be redeemed on another event, or at the bar.
– If there is no postponement, we’ll offer you a full refund of all monies that have been paid at the time of cancellation, or a voucher for the bar tab or another event.
TABLE BOOKINGS AT THE WHISKY CLUB:
For groups of 5+ we will take a £10 per person deposit to confirm the booking, this is fully redeemable on the bar. Until the deposit is paid all bookings of 5+ are considered provisional.
If you are running late please give us a call to let us know or reschedule. On a busy night if you are running more than 15 minutes late, we reserve the right to offer the table to other customers.
If the size of your party changes, please let us know a minimum of 48 hours ahead of the booking so we can advise whether we can accommodate the additional people. If numbers drop, please also let us know so we can open up other bookings. If additional people turn up unexpectedly on the day, we will do our best to accommodate them but may not have seats/table space for them if we are fully booked.
Each table is booked for two hours unless otherwise notified.
If you would like to pre-order drinks for the table, please contact us a minimum of 48hours ahead of the booking so we can organise pre-payment and your welcome beverages.
Please treat the bar, our staff and our guests with respect. Rude, rowdy or drunken behaviour will not be tolerated, we reserve the right to revoke a booking, refuse service and/or ask you to leave the bar at our discretion in any instances of antisocial behaviour.
Festival ticket cancellation policy
Whisky Birmingham is very popular and sells out months in advance. Although we don’t offer refunds or transfers, we sometimes have people ask if they can return their tickets as they no longer need the amount they have bought. We are able to offer an automatic waiting list, which kicks in when all tickets are sold. At that point a ticket will be offered to the waiting list and if it gets picked up then we can refund the ticket to the buyer. It gets harder to pass them on the nearer it gets to the festival.
- Only buy tickets if you are absolutely sure everyone who says they want one can attend.
- If you think that maybe one of your group is having second thoughts, it’s best to let us know sooner rather than later, so we can offer it out once the waiting list is activated and has people waiting for a ticket.
- And to please understand that we can’t take them back on the door. It’s just too late at that point.
In the case of us having to cancel the festival, we will determine what our response will be at the time and depending on the cancellation reason.
Any questions get in touch via the ‘contact us’ form.
Members Festival tickets:
If you are a Cask Strength member and can’t attend the festival then your ticket can’t be transferred to someone else. There is no cash substitute.
You must be an active member in order to gain access to the festival using a ‘Members Ticket’. If you have brought a ‘Members Ticket’ for the festival and your membership is due to run out, please renew in time to avoid being refused entry.